Friday, September 6, 2013

Now for something completely different.....Lean Life???....The Wisdom of Tenderness: Jean Vanier on Lived Compassion, L'Arche, and Becoming Human | On Being

I recently caught a radio segment of this content on a late drive home one night and was captivated.  I'd never heard of Jean Vanier (or his work, his story), nor On Being with Krista Tippett.  Bits of the interview still float through my mind weeks later.  The interview is lengthy (~1+hrs depending on the content file you choose) and appears to be a number of years dated now, but if you have some time check it out.

There are a number of connections to Lean in the content that is covered....(Aside:  I particularly like the brief discussion related to Aristotle)...., and it gets me thinking about Lean....Lean Manufacturing, Lean Healthcare, Lean Government,..... dare I say Lean Life?    Arghhhh!!!!......"Lean" sure is a poor label for what Lean is about.  Maybe instead of Lean.........just "Good", or "Great"! .......or maybe it is that which cannot be named.....  But I digress....                        ......Enjoy.  - M

The Wisdom of Tenderness: Jean Vanier on Lived Compassion, L'Arche, and Becoming Human | On Being

No comments:

Post a Comment